Dr Dhiraj Marothi Jain
Dr Dhiraj Marothi Jain
M.Ch Orth UK,
Ranawat Joint Reconstruction Fellowship NYC, USA (2007-08)
Dr. Dhiraj Marothi started his medical journey from SPMC, Bikaner. He followed it up with multiple national and international fellowships including Clinical Fellowship in Knee Reconstructive Surgery at the Lenox Hill Hospital, NYC, USA under world renowned Arthroplasty surgeon Dr. C. S. Ranawat, MD, who was one of the original developers and father of total knee replacement surgery. Post this Dr. Marothi also did a super specialization – M.Ch. (Orth) at University of Dundee, Scotland, UK.
Dr. Marothi is designated as a Senior Consultant Knee Arthroplasty Surgeon at Shalby Multispecialty Hospitals Ahmedabad, India (2009-2018) has performed more than 10500 Total Knee Replacement and more than 900 total hip replacements surgeries in 10 years. Dr Marothi was also a faculty for DNB (Ortho) Post Graduate Teaching Course as ‘Associate Professor’ since 2012 at Shalby.
Over the last 20 years in Orthopaedics, he has presented his work worldwide and served as a faculty member & panelist in over 100 national and international seminars and has many publications in national & international journals of repute He was awarded K. T. Dholakia award for best paper presentation at the Ranawat Orthopaedics Conference (ROC) held in Mumbai 2015 & Another Best paper in APAS 2017 (Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Surgeons Association) selected out of 68 candidates from all over the Asia. R2R (replacement to resurfacing) Technique novel state of art technique established & invented by Dr Marothi.
He was selected in Top 100 Doctors amongst all SPMCians Doctors who Studied from S P Medical College Bikaner. He was awarded with the prestigious ‘SPMC Gaurav’ award. Dr Marothi has received numerous academic and professional accolades, including “International Visiting Faculty” and “Excellence award for Teaching Faculty” by M.Ch Orth Course Director, University of Dundee, Scotland U.K.
“RAMAIAH Johnson & Johnson Fellowship” Accredited by RAMAIAH Medical College & Advance Learning Center, Bengaluru course in hip & Knee Arthroplasty (Two Post) under his Guidance. Dr. Marothi has been hugely covered by print, electronic and digital media alike in India and overseas.
He and His team have served more than 500+ charitable camps all over the country reaching more than 100000 patients. He has an open mind towards religion, beliefs and caste and is a reliable person with flexible approach towards his work. Enjoys working in a team and can also work under pressure even in a busy environment. Always enthusiastic to learn new skills and approaches.
Honors & Awards:
- Outstanding Ambassador & Valued International Visiting Faculty of M.Ch Orth” course by University of Dundee 28th April 2019
- “Adult Joint Reconstruction Fellowship USA” from Ranawat Orthopaedic Center, Lenox Hill Hospital New York, USA 2007-08
- “Best Technique Award” Two stage cement Spacer in infected Knee in “What a Idea sirji” Session, GOACON 2014
- “Late Prof K T Dholakia best paper Award” “Peri-prosthetic Fracture after TKA management & functional Outcome” on 17th Jan 2015 session chaired by Dr C S Ranawat & Dr Windsor
- “International Visiting Faculty” M.Ch. Orth Course University Of Dundee. United Kingdom
- “Top 100 Docotrs of SPMCIAN” SPMC Alumni Reminisce by Prof Dr B R Madan & Dr Mrs Vinod Madan 25th October 2015
- “SPMC Gourav” Award Excellent Work & Outstanding Services in Field of Knee Arthroplasty at National & International Level by Principle S P Medical College Bikaner 25th October 2015
- “Excellence Award For Teaching” International Visiting faculty by University Of Dundee (RCS) 29th April 2016
- “Abhinandand Patra” by His Highness O. P. Kohli Governor of Gujarat, Ahmedabad India 2016
- “TPF Achiever Award” 2017 at Annual Meeting of Terapanth Professional Forum at Kolkata
- APAS 2017 “Best Paper Award” (Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society Conference)
- Title of paper was “90 days morbidity, mortality & Functional Score in patients undergoing for Primary TKR”. Study was done at Shalby Hospitals Ahmedabad on 2000 TKR patients.
- “Samaj Gaurav Award” by Desh aur Vyapaar Newspaper Science center Auditorium Surat.
- Runner- up in national conference in “Orthopaedic PG Quiz” ORTHOCON 2000, Nagpur, India
- “ Abhinandan Patra” on occasion of Silver Jubilee of S J Baid Hospital BKN.
Executive Committee Member
- Indian Orthopaedic Association (IOA) India
- Indian Arthroplasty Association (IAA) Indi
Guide / Teacher – India & UK
- Two Arthroplasty fellowship Post under Dr Dhiraj Marothi
RAMAIAH Johnson & Johnson Fellowship” Accredited by RAMAIAH Medical College & Advance Learning Center, Bengaluru course in hip & Knee Arthroplasty (Two Post)
- ‘International visiting Faculty’ M.Ch (Orth) Course. University of Dundee, United Kingdom
- Associate Professor, DNB Orth Post Graduate Course
Research work and Publications:
- J A PAchore, Ashish Sheth, Kalpesh Shah, Dhiraj p Marothi, Rahul puri
“Hip Arthroplasty as a salvage procedure following failed internal fixation of inter-trochentric fractures”
Indian Journal of orthopaedics (Indexed Journal with pubmed & SCI)
- Poster presented at IOS, UK 11th Annual meeting at Llandudno, North Wales, UK. 2009. On topic – How much have we lowered our threshold for patient selection in hip arthroplasty in last 10 years?
- Marothi DK, Nicoll D, Johnston L. How Much have we lowered our threshold for patient selection in hip arthroplasty in last 10 years? (Communicated)
- Marothi D1. Asian Journal of Arthroplasty Special edition ROF “farsh se arsh tak” http://aaajournalonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/12-Jan-April-2017-ROF-Supplement.pdf
- Poster Selected & Presented at ISHKS 2018 Ahmedabad : Two Stage Management of Infected TKR by Innovative Articulating Cement Spacer.
- Marothi DK, Maheshwari A, Gregory B, Ranawat A, Ranawat CS. Roentgenographic Classification of Wedging in Tapered-Wedge Proximally Coated Non-Cemented Femoral Stems. Abstract submitted and presented at AAHKS 2008. (Communicated)
- Maheshwari A, Marothi DK, Travor C, Ranawat A, Ranawat CS. A Two-Year Matched-Pair Analysis Comparing the Results of a Senior Surgeon to his Apprentice Using a Tapered-Wedge Proximally Coated Non-Cemented Femoral Stem. Abstract submitted and presented at AAHKS 2008. (Communicated)
Surgical Innovation in Arthroplasty
Dhiraj P Marothi, Vipin Sharma, Ashish N Sheth, Vikram I Shah, L Bharath, J A Pachore Management of Infected Total Knee Arthroplasty by a New Innovative Customized Articulating Knee Spacer: An Early Experience http://www.jocr.co.in/wp/2016/10/10/2250-0685-552-fulltext/